First off, you might be wondering what the heck are DIY Shower Jellies. They are basically a jello jiggler but made of soap. Oh, and it’s a total copycat of the ones Lush sells too.
(This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here. )
You can break them apart and just start washing with them or even rub it into a loofah to make a foamy shower gel. I like to use Philosophy’s body wash/bubble bath/shampoo so I can use for any of those three! Run it under the bathtub sink for fun bubbles or to wash your hair. And since it’s made with gelatin it also works as a hair strengthener.
Lastly, they could literally not be any simpler to make; and it goes without saying that they are pretty.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED for DIY Shower Jellies
- ½ cup of liquid soap (body wash)
- One gelatin packet
- Food coloring (optional)
- Silicone molds or ice cube trays
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
NOTE: As I said, I use Philosophy’s three-in-one so I can use it for body or hair, but regular body wash OR shampoo will work too. I’d recommend either getting a shower gel already colored, but if not, just add ONE drop of food coloring into the mix.
HOW TO MAKE:
- Pour boiling water over gelatin and add body wash. Sometimes the gelatin clumps together so pour in slowly and mix in as you go. If you have troubles you can always put the whole thing in the microwave again (microwaveable safe dishes only, please!)
- Make sure all ingredients are well mixed and pour into containers. I used heart shaped silicone ones but you could also use ice cube trays, and that way they look more like the Lush ones we’re copying.
- Put into the fridge for 20-30 minutes or until solidified.
- Pop out and have fun with those suckers!
TIP: If possible I would keep them in the fridge or else they tend to melt. Definitely, do not store in the shower!
Have you made anything like this before?