You may think making your own DIY face wash is ridiculous. I sure did until I realized the ones I bought in the store were actually causing my breakouts because of all the chemicals. I switched to Dr. Bronner’s Castille soap and my skin cleared up. After using it for years I got greedy though and decided I wanted more than just clear skin – I wanted it to glow and be soft too. That’s when I decided to start making my own and – unless a brand in the future blows me away – I won’t be going back.
(This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here. )
Interested in giving it a try?
What You’ll Need to Make Your Own Face Wash
- ¼ cup Doctor Bronner’s Liquid Castile soap (I use tea tree but you could also make this DIY Rose & Almond Face Cleanser.)
- ½ cup distilled or purified water
- 2 tsp almond oil
- 2 tsp glycerine
- 2 tsp pure aloe vera
- Foaming pump bottle
- 5 drops essential oil of your choice (Lavender or Tea tree are probably your best choices.)
With the exception of the pump bottle, I bought all my ingredients from Amazon. I found the bottle at Bed, Bath & Beyond but you could always use an old foaming hand soap bottle, too.
1. Combine all the ingredients but soap in a blender or even a magic bullet.
2. If you’re going to use essential oils make sure you use enough that you can smell it over Dr. Bronner’s soap because it’s so strong. Essential oils also increase their shelf life too, though.
3. Add mixture to foam bottle and then castile soap to it. Gently stir or shake.
Seriously, this stuff is amazing. It cuts through my eye makeup like a knife and leaves my skin feeling so soft. You must try it and then let me know what you think.