Raise your hand if you’re starting to get older and looking to take better care of your skin? Well, this will be your new favorite skincare routine at 30. It’s the time in our life where we’re starting to notice wrinkles while fighting an occasional breakout. We want to know if that line on our brow is permanent. But more importantly, we want to know what we can do TODAY to take the best care of our skin. If you’re with me, I’ve got your back.
Today I’m going to walk you through my simple skincare routine that addresses all these problem areas, isn’t hard to follow, and also takes care of your skin from the inside out. Get ready to start loving your skin again.
The Best Skincare Routine at 30
(This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here. )
1.) Feed Your Skin.
Before I get into my specific skincare routine regimen, we need to discuss nutrition. No product in the world is going to make up for unhealthy eating habits, dehydration, and poor sleep. Take care of these first and not only will your skin look better, but your whole body.
Now that the basics are taken care of, here are a few of my favorite nutritional products for my skin!
- A probiotic. Hands down, Garden of Life Raw probiotic is my all-time favorite. A little tip: it has to be refrigerated because the cultures are alive AKA more potent than any regular old probiotic you can pull off the sheld. When we get stressed or eat poorly, our skin health takes a hit. Probiotics help balance your microbes which in turn can help reduce dry skin and wrinkles. It’s also great for stomach issues!
- Amazing Grass Superfood. It’s hard to get the proper nutrition our skin needs. That’s why I love taking Amazing Grass each day. It’s full of Spirulina, Chlorella, digestive enzymes, and yes, probiotics to help our skin glow.
- Collagen. Collagen is my little beauty secret. My skin looks soooo good from taking it. But here’s the catch. It can take several months for your body to build enough collagen to start seeing results. Stick with it and you will be amazed. I recommend several brands including Vitauthority, Vital Proteins, and Neocell.
2. My Morning Skincare Routine at 30
Second, here’s a glimpse at my current morning skincare routine. I do change it up depending on the season and current skin issues but I love how this regiment tackles both wrinkles and acne at the same time.
- I wash my face with Mother Dirt face cleanser made of only plant-based ingredients that help balance my skin. This particular cleanser helps with my sometimes-red cheeks and acne. I do want to try micellar water eventually but am looking for a clean brand. If you know of one – let me know!
- Then, I spray FRÉ skincare’s “I am Joy” rose water and argan face spray. It’s the first spray I’ve found with argan in it too which makes my face glow! Rose fights both acne and wrinkles. If you want a discount, use SARAHJEAN25 at checkout for at least 25% off. Plus, there is always fast and free shipping.
- Lastly, I use FRÉ skincare’s Protect Me Defense Daily Moisturizer. It’s a nice light cream that absorbs quickly and also provides sun protection. Recently I’ve been mixing in The Ordinary’s 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder for a boost of Vitamin C.(I’ve used Drunk Elephant’s Time to Wake Up™ Vitamin C + Hydration Serum Duo in the past and LOVED it but it can start to turn quickly which is why I’m experimenting with the new ordinary Vitamin C powder.)
3. My Nighttime Skincare Routine at 30
I try to keep my nighttime skincare routine simple too. I’d love to know what you do! Comment below with your skincare routine.
- I cleanse my face with FRÉ skincare’s Purify Me hydrating facial cleanser. It also contains a gentle exfoliant, saving me a step. I love how my skin never feels stripped, but also well cleansed. Remember to use SARAHJEAN25 at checkout for an extra discount. (SIDE NOTE: If I wore makeup that day I use an oil like Cocokind’s oil facial cleanser to gently remove my makeup. Again, I also want to try micellar water to see how well it works on makeup in the future.)
- Next, I spray Andalou’s 1000 roses toner to hydrate my skin and prepare it for moisturizer. This stuff is the bomb dot com and so affordable. I also used it on my pregnant belly and I think it helped with not having any stretch marks. haha)
- I then use FRÉ skincare’s Revive Me serum, another amazing product that combats the short and long-term damage caused by sweat and harmful environmental conditions including premature aging, dryness, and skin fatigue.
- Lastly, I finish it off with The Ordinary’s “B” Oil that includes micro-algae to reduce redness, squalane to repair the moisture barrier, and a blend of magical oils. It’s so good for the price too.
And that’s my skincare routine at 30. As you can see, I use a variety of products from a variety of places to create my ideal routine. It’s about finding what works best for YOU. These are products I stand behind but what works for me might not work for you. We’re all different.
BONUS: Here are a few other skincare routines I love
What skincare products do you currently use or swear by? I’d love to know!
Let’s Connect! Facebook || Pinterest || Instagram
Erin | The Tannehill Homestead says
I love how simple your routine is, Sarah, yet it is full of all that your skin needs to stay healthy and vibrant! I love my Andalou Natural’s 1000 Roses Toner as well! It’s seriously amazing! I’d love to know what you’re loving in terms of masks or extra-special skin treatments.
Um…HEY ERIN!! Miss you! I use the Fre mask or a DIY mask made with betonite clay and frankincense oil.
Erin | The Tannehill Homestead says
I miss you, too! 🙂 The DIY Mask sounds amazing!
I’ll have to check out that toner. I love this minimal routine 🙂
Amber Myers says
This sounds like a great routine. I know I need to be doing better with my routine, so I’ll keep this in mind.
So many of us struggle with having clear skin. Thanks for sharing!
Heather @ US Japan Fam says
Do you really think the collagen works?! I’ve considered it but have such a hard time spending $$ and getting into a routine with something that takes soooooo long to possibly see any results ughhh…
I really do – yes! The time it takes can be frustrating but the difference in my skin is amazing.
I change my skincare routine 4 times a year. I’ll check out some of the products you mentioned in this post. Thanks for sharing.
I change mine about that much too.
I love this! Its great to carry on looking after your skin every day regardless of your age. I’m only 23 but I can’t go without my korean skincare routine 🙂 Ill definitely try out a few of your routines and check out some of the products you mentioned too 🙂
I love korean skincare routines!
Kelly Bolen says
I am always looking for great skin care suggestions! These products look fabulous!
I need to add collagen to my beauty routine. That’s something I’ve been missing! I’m so glad you shared your favorite products. Great tips and tricks throughout this post.
CHRISTINE CEPELAK says
I use Athletic Greens for my probiotics, and I love The Ordinary facial oils! I use hyaluronic acid and caffeine under my eyes. It seems to help! My skin is definitely softer!
ooh i’ll look into Athletic greens!
I have definitely noticed some changes in my skin now that I am in my thirties, and I have been looking for some products to switch out in my routine. Thanks for your suggestions!